One Hundred Proposals by Holly Martin - Carina
BLURB
‘Is there really such a thing as a perfect proposal?
Over the next hundred days I intend to find out. I will find one hundred ways to propose to our Chief Proposer Suzie McKenzie and post the results here for your enjoyment. One thing’s for sure, not one of my proposals will be on top of the Eiffel Tower with a dozen red roses.’
Best friends Suzie and Harry are partners in romance. That is, they run the.PerfectProposal.com, coming to the aid of would-be grooms to create the ultimate marriage proposal.
But when Harry decides to catapult the business into the big leagues with a PR stunt all Suzie can see is a hundred days of heartbreak stretching ahead of her. But however exotic the location, or breath-takingly romantic the setting, Suzie has to keep remembering that ‘Marry Me?’ is the one question she can’t say yes to.
This business proposal should come with one hundred broken heart warnings...
One hundred proposals, one hundred chances to say yes.
REVIEW
I rarely do five stars to a novel, because it's hard to find perfection. Original storyline, complex and well defined characters, stunning descriptions, unexpected events, romance, tears and smiles.
Well, this book is perfect, it has everything and if it were possible, I would give it maybe even a sixth star.
It’s the first novel I read by Holly Martin and certainly not be the last because her writing kidnapped me and her story dragged me page after page, and I have not been able to put the book down until the end, at 3.30 am.
I will not talk about the plot because I could not do it without spoiling, there are too many things I want to say, that I want to share with you, but I can't deprive you of the pleasure of reading this novel.
Love can be found in the most unlikely places, you just have to look for it.
One Hundred Proposals, as you can imagine from the title, 100 different ways to ask a woman to marry you, 100 different ways to say yes.
Everything seems like a game, everything seems just business, but behind every proposal, behind every effort from Harry and behind every tear held by Suzie, there was a great and unconditional love, that needed a push to come out.
Lay bare your feelings is never easy, especially when you are convinced of being rejected; it takes courage and perhaps the two characters have not had, it’s true, but the way Harry decides to come forward, the way in which hoping for a yes, the way he looks Suzie waiting for a smile is something hard to explain. Yet the author has succeeded and through her words, I saw those eyes full of hope and fear, waiting and love.
I'm an incurable romantic and nothing will ever make me change, I love these kinds of stories, I love the romance in all its forms and the happy ending, because I want an happy ending, and I always wish that books give me one, but not any. I love stories that run slowly, that make me enter into the characters’ lives, their feelings, in their head. I want to suffer with them, move me with them, laugh and cry, I want to stay in suspense until the last page.
"You are my best friend and I have never regretted a single moment in your company, when you’ve shouted at me, laughed with me, slept with me, or kissed me. Being with you has given me the best moments in my life."
Holly Martin, I don’t know if you ever read my words, but I want you to know that your novel has given me all these things and that now, it has become one of my absolute favorites.
Harry, oh, Harry. 100 proposals unique and unforgettable, in some I shouted for joy, in other I might have felt a little uncomfortable, but I would have said yes all 100 times, because a man who does this to show his love to a woman, his best friend, who is hoping for a sign from her, who loves silent and who lives for her smile, is a man to love for a lifetime.
I would have been enough even 10 proposals, or maybe even one, because I would definitely collapsed at his feet.
I love seeing Suzy smile it’s one of my all-time favourite things in the world.
A story of friendship, love, feelings, insecurities and dreams that seem so distant and unattainable, but sometimes dreams come true, and in the best way.
Harry and Suzie, I dreamed with you and I have been following your story as if it were happening in front of my eyes, and these things happen only when a novel is so perfect, and exciting and when its author really knows how to use her pen and get the readers’ heart.
I'm in love with Harry, how not to do it? But I cried with Suzie and I hoped for her until the end.
"I love the way you make me feel when I'm with you, safe, like I've finally found
a place to call home."
An unforgettable novel, I loved and ate it in one night and at the end, I sighed with sadness because I would have wanted more. But everything have to have a end, right? And the ending was something magical.
Holly Martin, thank you for writing this novel.
Five stars (but also six) for this little masterpiece.


No comments:
Post a Comment