Saturday, 13 June 2015

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2)

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2) - Stephanie Perkins


DESCRIPTION

Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


REVIEW

What I loved most in this novel?
EVERYTHING.

I really like Stephanie Perkins, no one knows as her how to tell extraordinarily simple plots but full of reality, emotional, pure and sincere feelings. No one can tell like her life as it really is, because Perkins’ novels, though aimed to dream and imagine something beautiful and precious, are absolutely realistic, as well as their characters.

I loved Anna and St. Clair and I loved Lola and Cricket as well.

I loved Lola right away, so colorful, so original, so Lola. A character that does not go unnoticed and that conveys everything. Her perspective is sincere and true, through her emotions we live the story, through her eyes we look at a world that is not so far from ours, and we suffering with her, we are indecisive, vulnerable, wounded and of course, in love.
A contemporary heroine, who can inspire the younger and make sigh the older like me.

I open my window and a thousand bottled emotions explode inside of me at the full sight of him.
I like Cricket. Like that.
Again.

And Cricket, so sweet, so nerd, so different from the usual male that we are served up, such a good boy and god, you can sometimes give to us a nice guy because we’ll like the same way.
A shy guy, not one that thrown himself on you like a hungry wolf, one that knows how to wait patiently, that appreciates you and that doesn’t break your heart, maybe.
The one.
Who wouldn’t like a boy next door like this?

I know you aren't perfect. But it's a person's imperfections that make them perfect for 
someone else.

And Lola’s family? Her two dads are so cute and so amazing, they are absolutely perfects and they made me laugh and smile more than once.
Even Norah and Calliope have their great importance, no one is left to chance and no one looks at the wrong time in the plot.
Max, then, this bad boy that looks something more but then, in the end, is revealed for what he is, and it’s fair like that.

There is nothing wrong with this novel, nothing that would leave me disappointed, but perhaps Lola pulls a bit too long, but in the end we can forgive her about that, because she is young, she is inexperienced and undecided (who never has been?) and she needs time to understand what her heart wants.

“So do you believe in second chances?" I bite my lip.
"Second, third, fourth. Whatever it takes. However long it takes. If the person is right," he adds.
"If the person is... Lola?"
This time, he holds my gaze. "Only if the other person is Cricket.” 

Perfect Anna and St. Clair’s cameo: read about them again, find them there in their new life made my heart smile.
I’m in love with the four of them now.

This kind of reading leave me really happy.
I'm going to read the last book in the series a little sad because there’s no more.
Four stars.
Must Read.






No comments:

Post a Comment