Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Ruin (Ruin #1)

Ruin (Ruin #1) - Rachel Van Dyken


DESCRIPTION

I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness...until Wes Michals offered to be my light.
I didn't know that time wasn't my ally -- that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.
Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same.
And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.

REVIEW

Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, alive or dead, young or old, my heart will always be with yours. Every beat you feel against your fingertips..." His fingers tapped against my chest, once, twice... "is me calling out to you. It's you returning the call. It's us talking, communicating, bonding, sharing. Living Kiersten, it's us living.

Some books will simply your ruin.
I don't know how to feel after reading this. I cried, I smiled, I cried again.
A story of death, loss, fear, love, hope and life. 
Delicate, touching and heartbreaking.
All this is Ruin.
I loved with my whole this book and I felt in love with Wes for sure.

I love this kind of novel, tormented, overwhelming, the happy ever after stories and their characters, but it's not usual for me to fall in love with the main character. Well, this book has upset everything, took my heart and turned it inside, word after sword, tear after tear.
A story of love and life like few, a pure love but overwhelming, lived with every cell of your body, although it was always delicate and thin, like the invisible thread that binds the two guys.

Weston and Kristen meet in college: she is a freshman, he its referent. She beautiful, with some past troubles, has lost her family, she's depressed also she hopes to move forward, fall in love and maybe have new friends.
He is handsome, rich to be freaking out, the football star, loved by all and desired by girls and yet, this guy who seemingly has everything from life hides a sad secret that makes him vulnerable and absolutely loved it.

His eyes held my ruin.

The two obviously fall in love, even if their relationship is fixed on simple friendship, because he knows he has little time and she is aware of being just a little girl full of problems, with no appeal and no hope to win her prince.

She has absolutely no idea what she does to me... She’s my medicine, my cure, my everything. If only hearts could heal that way... through someone else’s beating.

Yet it happens, as in life, that two such different personalities are studying, you like them and fall in love madly, much to hope that for them there is no more time, there is a chance to be happy.
Kristen's character is not very deep, despite its simplicity and its sweetness, remains a bit on the sidelines, perhaps completely overshadowed by Wes' beautiful soul, his heart and his feelings. Because Wes is the guy who all want, the guy that makes you lose your mind, but who knows how to love unconditionally and deeply. Wes also is the friend that everybody wants, present and confident. He's perfect and you have to fell for him, definitely.

I'm going to make it so hard for you to forget this first kiss that you don't want anyone else kissing you ever again. When the guy you fall in love with kisses you - it better put this kiss to shame- if it doesn't then he isn't the right guy. Because I'm going to do a damn good job, and I want that guy that earns you, that takes that heart of yours and holds it in the palm of his hands... I want that guy to be able to make you feel things I'll just be tapping into. do you understand, Kiersten? I want the Earth to shift.

Wes is the glue, is the one who holds everything together in this book, including the other characters that we find in the other books in the series. He is the sun, while the others are still largely in the dark.

Don’t give up yet. Sometimes when we think God has written The End, what he really means is The Beginning.

This book has ruined me, I was destroyed, reduced my heart into a million pieces and made me blooding liters of tears, but then I was relieved, gave me new strength and hope, just as happens to the characters.

Intense, poignant, heartbreaking, but it makes you see life in a different perspective, because this book is a hymn to life, is an invitation to not waste time, because it's all we have for show people that we really love.
And Wes does not want to miss a moment, wants to live intensely every moment and feel every beat.
After knowing this character that has become officially the most beloved character in all the books I've read, I don't think I can appreciate the same way the others, because Wes is Wes and there is no comparison.

Time was the most precious thing in the world to me, and I’d just given her all of it.

Beautiful, awsome (maybe I'm still crying) and I don't know what else to say except read them, to get lost and find themselves.

Five stars and more, to this hymn to life and love.




No comments:

Post a Comment